When starting your own business, you are often looking at a lean budget and finding ways to cut back on spending. You are probably settled into the idea of working from home, saving money, and ditching the typical office space. There are definitely some advantages to establishing your business in a remote workplace, such as your home, with little additional cost. However, there are some downfalls to working from your home, or local coffee shop, that could cost you more in the future.
Coworking spaces are great options to build your business and provide advantages that can pay off greatly in the long run. Even if the idea of office space rental is not new, the coworking workplace has been reinvented to match the minds and creativity of the modern business person. Here are some highlights and hidden benefits of coworking membership:
- Limited Distractions A home office can be as secluded as possible, and resemble a professional workplace to an extent. However, when your office is in the same place that you eat, sleep, and live, how does your brain distinguish from your daily activities? Setting up your day in a business-centered space with other individuals who are working towards similar goals can change the way you behave in your workplace day-to-day. Your environment can determine the success of your day and how well you are able to focus, so you might as well surround yourself within a place that is centered around those goals. When your projects have their own space to grow, you will see results faster and build your business with critical attention.
- Community and Networking Opportunities Being able to work in a space that breeds networking opportunities can do huge things for a small startup business. Your colleagues are a part of a diverse community that caters to all different types of businesses and puts your business name in the forefront of many other entrepreneurs. Coworking spaces have the ability to market your company without having to put in additional work. Many coworking spaces will host monthly member events that provide a space for members to come together, meet, and build connections. These are a great way to integrate your name, brand, and business into someone’s network.
- Affordability and Flexibility If you’re experiencing growth in your business and are considering office space rental, there are additional costs that can often be forgotten. In a typical office space, you will experience strict and expensive leases that leave little room for flexibility and hardly ever provide month-to-month options. When you rent at a coworking space, you have access to a turn-key office with office furniture, printing access, and high-speed internet. You also have the flexibility to move or change membership levels as your projects grow. With most memberships offering 24/7 access, you truly become in charge of your day and can run your business wherever and whenever you want to.
- Professional Business Setting There’s nothing worse than working extremely hard to build your brand as a prestigious and professional business and having that image tainted by your “office” appearance. A coworking space will provide you the representation that you are here to work in a competent and experienced manner. Coworking spaces will often have meeting rooms that are available to schedule ahead of time to ensure that an important meeting with a prospective client goes smoothly. Having a physical business address is also a great feature, and sometimes legally necessary, to have on your business page and further enhances your reputation in your field and profession.
- Free Beer and Wine Okay, this might be the most fun and our favorite perk of coworking. Oftentimes, a free member pour each day is included in your membership and is a fun way to bring a community together after a day of hard work. If you’re not already on board, this is another great way to expand your network and get to know the people who work around you a little bit better. At desk chair Workspace, we are proud to offer these benefits and more, as we watch our community and members grow. Community is a key part in business culture and we are fortunate to find it every day in our coworking space. If you need more convincing, give us a call, and schedule a tour today!